BC PNP Regular Streams
1 BC PNP Regular Streams Categories:
BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration stream has 3 categories:
EI - Base Category: intended for experienced entrepreneurs who intend to establish new businesses or take over and grow existing businesses in BC.
EI - Regional Pilot: working with regional communities, this pilot is intended to attract entrepreneurs to participating regional communities to establish new businesses that align with the communities’ economic development priorities.
Strategic Projects: for foreign corporations that intend to establish a subsidiary or branch office in BC that strategically aligns with their core business.
2 Ineligible Businesses:
The following types of businesses are ineligible under the BC PNP:
- an immigration-linked investment scheme
- any business where the terms of investment include a redemption option
- any business that may be a passive investment
- bed and breakfasts, hobby farms and home-based businesses
- payday loan, cheque cashing, money changing and cash machine businesses
- tanning salons
- DVD rental stores
- coin-operated laundries
- automated car wash operations
- scrap metal recycling
- businesses selling used goods (excluding businesses that provide value-added services such as repairs, refurbishing or recycling)
- real estate development/brokerage, insurance brokerage or business brokerage
- businesses involved in producing, distributing or selling pornography or sexually explicit products or services, or providing sexually oriented services
- any other type of business that by association would tend to bring the BC PNP or the Government of British Columbia into disrepute