BC PNP Tech Pilot
1 Program Overview:
The Tech Pilot was created in 2017 to help local tech companies recruit and retain the international talent they need when local skilled workers are unavailable. It provides a pathway to permanent residence for highly-skilled, in-demand workers and experienced entrepreneurs to settle in BC. It is not a separate BC PNP stream or category. Applicants still need to apply to the BC PNP under one of the existing categories.
This program has been extended to June 2020 to provide B.C. tech employers with the continued ability to recruit and retain international talent. The pilot will continue with 29 of the In-Demand occupations eligible under the pilot:
List of 29 Eligible Occupations for the BC PNP Tech Pilot:
2 Benefits and Advantages of the Program
BC PNP issues weekly invitations to qualified registrants who have valid job offers in the 29 key technology occupations:
BC PNP prioritizes applications in the 29 key technology occupations. Complete application files submitted will be assigned within the next business day to a dedicated Tech Pilot processing team. Most applications are processed within two to three months from receipt.
Enhancements to include one-year job offers:
The eligibility requirement for a permanent full-time job offer has been reduced to a one-year full-time job offer for this program. The job offer must have at least 120 days remaining at the time of application to the BC PNP.
Concierge service for employers:
A dedicated BC PNP concierge for all tech employers provides tailored information and navigation assistance of immigration programs and processes.
LMIA not required:
Applicants can apply without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
3 Eligibility Requirements:
General and category requirements:
must meet minimum requirements under one of the existing BC PNP categories as wells as a federal immigration program (Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program)
Invitation to Apply:
need to register online with the BC PNP and apply within 30 days from the date of the ITA
Job Offer and Eligible Occupations:
must be for one of the 29 targeted occupations (see below)
must be for at least one-year duration
must be valid for at least 120 days at time of application
Employer Support Letter:
support letter from the employer for work permit application, no LMIA is required
4 Application Process:
- Free evaluation: Aladdin Immigration team assess client eligibility, sign retainer agreement, and provide tailored immigration advices and strategies
- BC PNP Registration: Create profile, register, wait for an invitation to apply (ITA)
- Invitation to Apply: Receive an ITA
- BC PNP Application: Submit complete application，most applications are processed within two to three months from receipt
- Confirmation of Nomination: Get PNP approval and receive a nomination certificate and a work permit support letter
- Permanent Residence Application: Submit application for permanent residence (within 90 days of submitting work permit application)
- COPR and PR Visa: Receive Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa
- Permanent Resident Card: Land in Canada and receive the PR card
5 Related Expenses (CAD):
BC: BC PNP application: $700
Federal Government: principal applicant: $1,040 (incl. $550 processing fee and $490 right of permanent resident fee); spouse or partner: $1,040; dependent children: $150/per child.
Biometrics Fees: Per Person: $85 ; Family (2 or more): $170
Other third-party fees: medical exams, police certificates, language testing, notary, translation, delivery and postage, etc.
Aladdin Immigration fees: (excluding any government or third party charges)